Bite sized is more fun! These mini cookies are perfect for little hands… little ones will love helping to make these in the kitchen; they’ll love eating them even more! Or make a big batch and gift them away like I did.
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, beat together melted butter and sugars, slowly beat in egg and vanilla essence.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until combined. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a teaspoon at a time worth of dough, and roll into balls. Gently press onto baking paper. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, transfer onto wire cooling rack (they may feel soft but will harden once cooled).
- Enjoy with some milk or a nice hot cuppa!