How cute are these cookies! I am not a cake decorator and wouldn’t have a clue how to operate a piping bag… but I actually made these (I think they’re fool proof)!
I wanted something nice to take along to our Mother’s Day picnic tomorrow. I think mum will be proud ( well I hope so… she loves to critique my cooking, even though she burns everything she cooks)!
I think these make the perfect gift… Mother’s Day, Valentines Day, a Birthday, something for a friend. You could enjoy them on any occasion really.
To make these delicious cookies you will need…
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups plain flour
2 tbsp water
pinch of salt
2 Cups sifted icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
pink food dye & water
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and water and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until combined and a dough forms.
- Roll the dough and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make the cookies, place them on prepared trays.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, carefully place them on a cooling rack to cool.
- Prepare the icing by mixing icing sugar and milk together.
- Use a knife (or a piping bag) to carefully spread the mixture onto the cooled cookies. Then use a brush to lightly coat sections of the icing with food coloring, use small amounts of water to add a water-coloured effect.
- Present cookies in a gift box and enjoy with loved ones.