These are some seriously tasty old fashioned scones. They’re easy to make, and when topped with this beautiful passion fruit cream they are just extra delicious. They remind me of morning tea at Grandma’s house…. Yumm!
You will need:
3 cups Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup Milk
pinch of salt
1 Cup thickened cream
1 passion fruit (juice only – pulp removed)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking powder.
- Start by adding the sugar, sifted flour and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub the mixture until it forms an even, breadcrumb like consistency.
- Slowly add the milk and mix with a bread knife until it forms a dough, knead as required.
- Break into sections, form a ball for each scone and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (until lightly golden).
- Once removed from the oven wrap scones in a tea towel to stop them drying out.
- Meanwhile place the thickened cream in a mixing bowl along with the passion fruit juice. Whip with an electric beater until it is at desired consistency.
- Serve your scones with passion fruit cream, drizzle pulp over the top and enjoy!